December 2, 2018
I realize more and more that we truly need a heart and mind that is filled with DIVINE LOVE. Without it, all kinds of worldly love will come to fill the empty spaces within.
When we lose heart, feeling empty and far from the love of the Father, the world will offer us the lusts of the flesh (Gal 5:19-21), the lusts of the eyes, and the boastful pride of life. They will distract our focus from the Father.
During such times, we want to satisfy worldly desires more than loving the Father. We feel that our desires, career, and routine are more important. Pressure and intimidation seem to keep “talking,” harassing our mind and heart. Without knowing, the enemy infiltrates and starts to chain us, dragging us away from the Father’s love.
1 John 2:15-17 (NASB)
(15) Do not LOVE THE WORLD nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is NOT IN HIM.
(16) For all that is in the world, the LUST OF THE FLESH and the LUST OF THE EYES and the BOASTFUL PRIDE OF LIFE, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
(17) The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but THE ONE WHO DOES THE WILL OF GOD LIVES FOREVER.
The world is perishing with all its desires. Meaning, worldly spirits will keep working to drag us away from God’s presence so we could keep degrading. And that’s the nature of worldly spirits; always carrying us to decline and decay until we die.
We MUST FIGHT this condition by having DIVINE LOVE. And we could only have divine love by building a relationship with Him. With it, our love for the Father will keep being grown and stirred in our hearts. That’s the moment when the table is turned; we start to receive the flow of DIVINE LIFE from our fellowship with Him! It will drive away all pollution and hopelessness in our hearts. We could once again feel His real guidance in our life!
1. By having divine love, we are moving against this world’s current
This world’s system is molding everyone to increasingly love self, money, and this world. The circumstances everywhere are trying to corrupt everyone’s life, including believers (2 Tim 3:1-5). The enemy keeps working to fade people’s awareness of God’s sovereignty, giving the illusion that the world is in the devil’s grasp. The Devil will keep trying to implant this awareness: “if I don’t follow this world’s current, I will surely fail and become powerless.”
Regardless of all, I believe that divine love will change us. We could once again feel the stirring inside; we know that GOD IS WITH US and He is truly real in our lives. Because truly, He is a SOVEREIGN GOD; He still has full control over this world!
Divine love will also grow a strong AWARENESS that He is an eternal and a good Father; He truly cares and watches over us! Even if we feel at the edge, His mighty hands is holding us – we are safe!
Psalms 91:1-2 (NASB)
(1) He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
(2) I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust!”
Psalms 91:7-8 (NASB)
(7) A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not approach you.
(8) You will only look on with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.
This message will be continued tomorrow… #iLoveGod
Ps. Steven Agustinus