September 13, 2019
This morning, I was stunned by a strong spiritual realization: regardless of me building my spirit man’s capacity to manifest the gifts of the Spirit and other forms of God’s sovereignty, if all of them are not based on divine love, everything becomes vain (1 Cor 13:1-3)!
In other words, God wants us to ‘swallow death in victory’, but not through the demonstration of His amazing power, but rather in the gentleness of His divine love!
- When I’m interacting with the manifestation of death in other people’s broken lives (which corrupts them and others interacting with them), then the way I swallow death in victory is by MANIFESTING PATIENCE (a form of divine love – 1 Cor 13:4).
- When the power of death manifests through irritating people (those who deserve judgment and vengeance), God’s divine love will manifest through our life in the form of GENEROSITY – we release them from ‘our power’ although we have the right and authority to punish them (1 Cor 13:4)
- When seeing the wicked becoming more and more ‘blessed’, God’s divine love will help us to NOT BECOME JEALOUS, guarding us from all kinds of negative reactions which will harm our lives instead (1 Cor 13:4)
- When death is manifesting in the form of aggressive ‘self-branding’ trend, His divine love helps us to keep WALKING IN OUR EVERYDAY LIFE & MINISTRY IN MODESTY (not exalting ourselves or become arrogant due to our achievements – 1 Cor 13:4)
- When the power of death keeps molding people to be RUDE and SELFISH, the power of His divine love conditions us to keep living in meekness, politeness, and manners (1 Cor 13:5)
- When death is manifesting through MANIPULATIVE LEADERS (who look after their own gain), God’s divine love will guard us to stay as servant leaders (1 Cor 13:5)
- When the power of death creates PROVOCATORS and HOTHEADED people, God’s divine love will mold our life into peace bringers (1 Cor 13:5)
- When death manifests in the form of harboring inner conflict, grudges, or unending anger, God’s divine love will make us the most forgiving people – WE EASILY FORGIVE AND FORGET MISTAKES (1 Cor 13:5)
- When terrible consequences come upon those who live inaccurately, God’s divine love will help us to pray/intercede for them instead – we are conditioned to ONLY REJOICE WHEN TRUTH WINS AND MANIFESTS ITSELF (1 Cor 13:6). We are been set to only be able to love, heal, and rebuild what has been destroyed (James 3:9-12, Luke 6:43-45)
- The power of death will mold people into lovers of self who easily sacrifice others (e.g. telling the weakness or fault of others to exalt oneself), but the power of divine love will help us to be FAITHFUL COVENANT HOLDERS who COVER MISTAKES instead, although it brings us loss at times (1 Cor 13:7)
- The power of death often makes people live in paranoia and xenophobia against certain things or groups of people, but the power of divine love conditions us to become FREE IN THE SPIRIT; not contaminated by the various works of the spirit of anxiety, fear, and intimidation (1 Cor 13:7)
- When the power of death molds many people’s life to keep demanding and be demanded (especially in interacting with others), the power of love helps us to always PUT HOPE, BELIEVING THAT REGARDLESS OF ALL, PEOPLE COULD CHANGE FOR THE BETTER (especially when they are given a new chance – 1 Cor 13:7)
Observe what the Bible says in The Living Bible translation: “If you love someone, you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him.” (1 Corinthians 13:7, TLB)
- And when the love of many people grows cold due to the work and manifestation of the spirit of death (Mat 24:12), the power of divine love enables us to consistently manifest His love (“love never fails,” 1 Cor 13:8); we swallow in victory all manifestations of death in our everyday life!
Keep guarding our heart, abide in Him, and continue to manifest His love! Let’s swallow the power of death manifesting through the daily life of many people by the power of His love! #ILoveGod
Ps. Steven Agustinus