September 9, 2018
John 7:38-39 (NASB) He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’” But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
This is what Jesus meant by the flows of living water: the work of the Holy Spirit that becomes increasingly real in us as His temple, because we are determined to cooperate with the Holy Spirit.
Some things we could do to cooperate with the Holy Spirit include:
1. Becoming willing and having the determination to meditate and declare the word.
2. Praying in tongues expressively as a concrete action to build our spirit man.
3. Guarding our heart with all diligence – refusing the feeling of offence, disappointment, vengeance, inner conflict, etc – by audibly inviting the spirit of divine love to fill our hearts. We easily forgive and forget the wrong of others. The enemy could never have the chance to clog the flow of living water inside us.
4. Following the guidance of our pure conscience.
5. Subduing every negative fact by declaring the word until we could feel the mighty grip of God’s presence and reality.
6. Staying oriented towards solutions in facing every problem, because we guard our divine peace and joy (thinking positively).
7. Adopting Philippians 4:8 as our ‘filter’ for every incoming information, news, and interactions, and as ‘signs’ for the activities we do. Make sure that our life is only filled with things that are divine and pleasing before God’s heart.
Philippians 4:8 (TLB) And now, brothers, as I close this letter, let me say this one more thing: Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about
8. Making every decision towards the death of flesh and the surrendering of rights.
9. Promptly, voluntarily and joyfully practice every word principle and the urge of the Spirit!
10. Keep ensuring that we have an accurate relationship with our spiritual father. Because without positioning ourselves accurately, all the grace and work of the Holy Spirit couldn’t flow into us.
11. Keep disciplining ourselves to always have time to fellowship with God every day.
12. Being meek, moldable, teachable and wanting to change; open for correction and quick to repent!
13. Become easily convinced by every word and voice of God we hear!
14. Rejecting any lukewarm and passive state.
Actively condition ourselves to read and declare the word once and hour.
Discipline ourselves to speak prayers, blessing and constructive words to everyone we meet. Firstly, train ourselves to do this to the people closest to us. Make this our new nature. For our mouth is the gate that flows the living water!
Realize that we are the temple of the Holy Ghost, not the gate of hell! So, stop speaking destructive things and stop mentioning the wrong of others! #iLoveGod
Ps. Steven Agustinus